Sunday, May 13, 2007

Oops.

I've completely lost track of the spending for the past few days. Some of that has to do with me not being the one spending it, while other parts of it has to do with being driven completely batty by my eye and not keeping a closer eye on things.

I know money was spent at the House Buyer's Fair/Seminar, but I don't know how much. I know money was spent for lunch afterward, but I don't know how much. I know I spent money on my eye exam, the shaded clip to turn the glasses I have to wear for the next week and a half into sunglasses so that I (a border-line vampire) can see at least see when I have to venture outdoors (without looking like a squinty-eyed mole-woman). I know I spent money on the eye drops I'm dropping into my right eye four times a day for the next six days. I know I spent money on... uh... stuff... while killing time in WalMart (UGH!) while waiting for my prescription to be filled.

But I have no idea where my receipts are, and I'm not entirely sure at the time of this writing (Sunday evening) exactly what I bought at WalMart (UGH!) on Friday evening. I remember lip gloss, lip stick, soap, and cotton rounds to use with my eye patch... and I know there was more, but I can't recall what!

The good news is that pay day is on the 15th, which means A.'s paycheck should be in the account come Tuesday morning when I fall out of bed.

Not being able to wear my contacts is sort of bad because it'll be almost impossible for me to drive in my glasses. The prescription is current, but I lose too much peripheral vision when wearing my glasses and it makes me a skittish driver. It's not a new situation, I've been like that since the late '80s when I started driving. What it really boils down to is that I'm not comfortable depending on glasses to see what's happening around me.

But I digress.

Finances. Um.

Oh yes.

The 15th is pay day so everything will more or less be reset anyway. I still have a few dollars left from the grocery budget for the first half of the month, and there's still a surplus in the checking account, so... despite everything that went kaboom, I guess we did ok.

Later this week (when my eyes are less irritated by smoke and crud in the air and it's less bothersome to sit staring at a computer screen because of the pink eye) I'll get to the slush fund vs. life improvement fund post.

No comments: